[Insight-users] can't build (ITK) hello world

John Dailey john.w.dailey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:16:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am a brand new ITK user.  I am working on a 64 bit linux (Ubuntu
7.10) box and I am having a problem with linking the hello world
application that is in the itkSofwareGuide-2.4.0 on page 17.

When I try to compile I get the following error message:

[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.dir/HelloWorld.o
Linking CXX executable HelloWorld
/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/libITKCommon.a: could not read symbols: Success
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [HelloWorld] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does this mean that I have a problem with my ITK build?  Any ideas as
to what might have gone wrong, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
John