[Insight-users] problem reading dicom files

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:17:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:23 PM, h h <hossein9876 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi luis,
>  I did the procedure you described in part b and it didnt make a difference.
>  I've uploaded 2 dicom files:
>  1- http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/b97bbaf518_0.27MB
>  2- http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/ee1443e018_0.5MB

Hi hossein,

  What do you mean by incorrect data ?

Following Luis advice, I modified a single line in:

Insight/Examples/IO/ImageReadCastWrite.cxx

I change:

  typedef float               InputPixelType;

into

  typedef signed short InputPixelType;

And then ran:

 ./bin/ImageReadCastWrite ~/Desktop/IMG57 IMG57.png

followed by

./bin/ImageReadCastWrite ~/Desktop/IM50 IM50.png

In both case the image appear correct (using ITK CVS).

Could you please post the png file that is not correct.

Mathieu