[Insight-users] Problem with connecting PCAShapeModelEstimator to the level set method

Ken Urish ken.urish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:15:48 EDT 2008

All

I am having lots of problems connecting connecting the shape model
generated by ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator to the
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSet.

The example GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter uses
binary images of the mean and 1st, 2nd... principle component images
as the input for the shape model. My output from the shape model of
teh 1st, 2nd, 3rd..... pca images are signed distance images.
1) Are signed distance images of each principle component correct
output from the shape model estimator?
2) How would I turn the output from the shape model estimator into a
series of binary images of the mean, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd principle
components so I can use them with the example code for the level set
method?

Perhaps some example code of this bridge would be enormously useful?

Ive spent a couple hours searching through the list serve, re-reading
the paper, and going through the example/manual and Im still stuck.

Thanks
--Ken--