[Insight-users] Displaying ITK

Nic itk at fete.ch
Wed Sep 12 09:44:44 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,
    I'm actually trying to use Qt as GUI and ITK as processing tool. What I would like to do, is to load an image stack with ITK, display it on the GUI in order to set some parameters then launch itk processing on those images.
I made with Qt a little custom widget allowing to load and browse in a top to down view from first to last image an image stack with a slider, but using QImage type actually, I need to change it.
I found a quite old discussions (2003) on that problem (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-August/004568.html and http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-December/005963.html) I have to look on Luis's cited ressources in the second link, but I would like to know if actually there are some new other ways to do that job, perhaps more efficiently or less memory consuming (I would like to avoid to duplicate data in memory).
My configuration is a bi-opteron (dual core each) w/ 16 Go RAM and a Nvidia Quadro FX 4400 as graphic card, should be the Luis's "VTK render window in the Qt GUI displaying" solution the best one ?
nic