[Insight-users] Registration Problems Switch fixed moving images

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 05:45:49 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning registration of a MRT1 image and a MRA (angiography)
image. First I have registered them using fiducial markers and take this as goldstandard.
Then I have rotated the MRT1 image around its geometrical center to make some registration
problems. Im using Versor3DTransform and Versor3DOptimizer and the MattesMutualInformation
information.
When I take the MRT image as fixed my results are very good, despite the big rotation and
translation i take (various combination of 10 degrees rotation and 10mm translation).
However when I set the MRA image as fixed and MRT1 image as moving sometimes I get
wrong results. I was wondering, has this anything to do with how I created the problems or does
changing fixed and moving images also change convergence characteristics??
thanks for any suggestions,
lars