[Insight-users] GDCMImageIO and Siemens Sensation 64 Incompatibility

Jonathan Waite jmw at 2pti.com
Thu Sep 6 15:20:32 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have had several series of DICOMs that I have been unable to load with
GDCMImageIO.  The problem occurs during the parsing of the DICOM tags in the
header file.  Each case that I have had trouble with was from the Siemens
Sensation 64 scanner.  The parser seems to always blow up while reading the
tag, 0008,0040.

I was successfully able to load the DICOM series with Analyze however I have
been unable to load the series with several other DICOM readers as well
including gcdm 1.3.1 (ITKs documentation mentions using 1.2.x).

Thanks for any help,

Jon

Jon Waite
Software Engineer