[Insight-users] FW: FloodFilledFunctionConditionalConstIterator neighborhood

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 25 09:27:06 EST 2007

Hi Hauke,

Yes the FloodFilledFunctionConditionalConstIterator uses 4-connectivity
when used in 2D images, and, in general, it uses face-connectivity in
N-D images.

If you wanted to modify this behavior, the key place in the code is
in lines 175-178 of

   Insight/Code/Common/
      itkFloodFilledFunctionConditionalConstIterator.txx

It is suggested the code, that the existing for loop could be replaced
with a ShapeNeighborhoodIteration, in order to provide flexibility
in the connectivity.

     That will make an interesting course project,
     and...
     a nice paper for the Insight Journal   :-)