[Insight-users] Evolution : overall pipeline memory print

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Nov 9 10:18:57 EST 2007

On 11/9/07, Julien Michel <julien.michel at c-s.cnes.fr> wrote:

> Karthik Krishnan a écrit :
> > Julien:
> >
> > I can understand your issue with being bogged down by memory. However, I
> > don't completely agree with your proposed solution. Here are my
> > disagreements.
>
> Well in our toolkit we recommend the use of VectorImage, from which we
> can retrieve the pixel number of components afther an
> UpdateOutputInformation(), at run time (but before the
> UpdateOutputData()). This is not a problem for us because we always have
> the same number of components for all pixels (our images beeing acquired
> by remote sensors).

I did not know that itk::VectorImage was being used very much outside of a
"little community" here. I could see that its found its way into remote
sensing with variable number of spectral bands. Unless its confidential
info, may we please know of the toolkit in question ? We'd be interested in
some feedback to know if its working well with the imaging pipeline.

Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,
Kitware Inc.