[Insight-users] Reading DICOM CT Lung Data

Kevin Hu khu19 at cs.bu.edu
Thu Mar 1 09:37:03 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on integrating itk with a medical image application here at
Boston Univ to support DICOM images.  After looking through the
ItkSoftwareGuide I have an idea of how to read DICOM images; however I
have a question.

Our application currently reads
CT data in another format and stores it in Hounsfield units.  We then
iterate the slice data and convert the pixels into grayscale (or rgb).
We want to adopt a similar process for DICOM slices; therefore, after
reading a DICOM slice using section 7.12.3, how can I iterate
the pixels and perform my conversion?

thanks for your help!

Kevin Hu