[Insight-users] Re: Deformable Registration Final Parameters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 21 19:11:29 EDT 2007

Hi Kevin,

The parameters of a BSpline are the components of the deformation
vector on the nodes of the BSpline grid.

The first N values are the X component of the N nodes,
The second N values are the Y components of the N nodes,...

and so on.

 From the Doxygen page of this Transform:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BSplineDeformableTransform.html

"The parameters for this transform is N x N-D grid of spline
coefficients. The user specifies the parameters as one flat array: each
N-D grid is represented by an array in the same way an N-D image is
represented in the buffer; the N arrays are then concatenated together
on form a single array."

In all image registration methods in ITK, the resulting parameters
are *EXACTLY* the same parameters that you need to set in the transform
that you connect to the Resampling image filter, in order to resample
the Moving image into the coordinate system of the Fixed image.

Please read the introductory sections of the "Image Registration"
chapter in the ITK Software Guide:

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf