[Insight-users] Importing only a subregion of an image into ITK

Fieselmann, Andreas (ext) andreas.fieselmann.ext at siemens.com
Tue Jun 19 04:32:43 EDT 2007

Hallo everyone,

I would like to import a 3D image into ITK using the
itkImportImageFilter. This works fine, but my problem is that the image
has a size of about 50 Mio. voxels and this obvoiusly takes some time to
copy.
What I would like to do now is to import only a subregion of my image
into ITK (the region which I'm actually interested in). So I have a
pointer to the memory where the image data is stored in a contiguous
block, I have the total size of the image and I have the bounding
coordinates of the subregion (e.g. a cube).
Is there a way to tell the itkImportImageFilter to import only my
subregion ? Or is there a different filter that can perform this task ?
Thank you very much in advance,
Andreas