[Insight-users] Memory prblem: failed to allocate memory

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 10:07:59 EDT 2007

Hi luis,

The images Im trying to register are one MRT1-image which I use as fixed.
Spacing = 1.0 1.0 1.0; DimSize = 512 512 245; ElementType = MET_USHORT)
The other image is a MRA-image
(Spacing = 0.41 0.41 0.59; DimSize = 256 256 180; ElementType = MET_USHORT)

Im using a computer at my workplace (sintef norway) and it has a 2.26 GHz processor
and 1.99 GB of RAM.

I did some experiments and found out that MutualInformation works fine but normalizedCorrelation,
patternIntensity and meanSquares all give the aforementioned error. When I change the meta
information for the MRA image DimSize to 400 400 200, all metrics worked but are Really slow.
PatternIntensity seems to be the slowest of all three (normalizedCorr, PaternInt and MeanSquare)

Im puzzled that three metrics give the same error and behave similar when I decrease the
Dimsize.
If you want I can send you the program. It's not very big.
regards,
Lars Nygard