[Insight-users] Analyze Image IO broken?

Robert Tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:27:35 EDT 2006

I just noticed some strange behavior with the Analyze IO after
updating my ITK version to the CVS version of ITK. Two things:

-----------
1. A program that takes as argument the name of a 3D input image with
the extension .img results in the following error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'gdcm::FormatError'
   what():  N4gdcm11FormatErrorE
Abort trap

If I use .hdr as the extension, it gets read in correctly. This same
program is able to take as arguments filenames with the .img
extension and write the files correctly.

Isn't gdcm a dicom format? Why would the image factories be trying to
using the dicom IO?

2. Another program internally writes out a couple of Analyze images.
Using either the .img or .hdr extension on the filename results in
this error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'itk::ExceptionObject'
   what():  /Users/robert/code/Insight/Code/IO/itkAnalyzeImageIO.cxx:
1180:
itk::ERROR: AnalyzeImageIO(0x2814200): ERROR: Analyze 7.5 File Format
Only Allows RPI, PIR, and RIP Orientation
Abort trap

This code has worked for a long time. I use the same method of file
writing in both programs and yet one results in an error and the
other doesn't.

Incidentally, I just noticed these errors after testing code that I
recently submitted to the Insight Journal (http://insight-journal.org/
dspace/handle/1926/322).

Thanks for any help,
Robert