[Insight-users] Registration Resampling/Transformation

Marta Kersten kersten at cs.queensu.ca
Wed Oct 18 04:52:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am doing landmark based rigid registration for registering 3D rotational
angiographies (3DRAs) to CT angiographies (CTAs). Unfortunately, the 3DRAs
that are (and will be) available to us are anisotropic, whereas teh CTAs
are isotropic (I realize this is really not good). Because these are the
type of data we are getting however, resampling each data set is not an
optimal solution.

When I perform an itk landmark based rigid transformation it seems to work
very  well, I visualize the results after resampling the 3DRA. However,
when I try to use the transform from the resampling filter in different
software to transform a surface model of the 3DRA the transformation is
incorrect and does some shearing. I'm not sure if this isn't because of
the anisotropic nature of the 3DRA? Is there a way to within the
registration take into account the spacing, rather then only at the
resampling step? Or does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions as to
what could be happening?

Thanks!
Marta

--