[Insight-users] Re: itk java wrapper on cygwin problem (Progress)

Michael Bell michael.bell at acm.org
Wed Jul 19 16:10:55 EDT 2006

SwigInc.txt is being generated from SwigInc.txt.in, which has the
extra carriage return character. I suspect this is a problem because I
am using the cygwin recommended unix files, but this file is a dos
file. If I dos2unix SwigInc.txt.in and make, this error goes away, and
all of the SwigIn.txt files are correct. If I run dos2unix on the
entire Wrapping directory, many problems are fixed.

Which shows the next issue:
javac does not understand cygwin paths. This issue can be fixed using cygpath.

Which shows the next problem:
javac VXLNumericsJava.java
cannot resolve symbol itkbase

I haven't solved that problem, but I am certain it would reveal more.

It's pretty clear that no one is maintaining the wrappers with cygwin.
Please make this clear somewhere in the documentation so the next
person does not waste weeks on this, as I have.

So, we know that VS8 does not work. Cygwin does not work. What does
work on Windows? I can change compilers, but I can't spend time
hunting for a platform that does work. Please advise.

thanks,
michael

michael.bell at acm.org