[Insight-users] IsInside test TubeSpatialObject

SCHMID, Jerome jeromeschmid at surgery.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Jul 18 03:29:45 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have a pb to understand the lambda condition being negative in the
IsInside( point ) of TubeSpatialObject.

To me if lambda is negative, the current 2 consecutive points used for
the test are not relevant, we should skip them and look for the next
pair. Lambda negative means that the point is not inside the space
within the two < normal disc > of the two points, so why do some test ?

I really cannot understand the test done on negative lambda. A bug on
the bug tracker dealing with negative lambda was corrected suggesting
that this lambda <0 test was genuine....

Can somebody provide me a very simple figure where this test is
relevant? An mhd file with a point to test would be okay.

Thanks !

Best Regards,

Jerome Schmid