[Fwd: Re: [Insight-users] Beginner: error on build with the vcl.h]

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Tue Sep 6 12:21:58 EDT 2005

Romain Lebel wrote:

> The CMakeLists.txt i'm using is simply the one provided in the
> toolkit's example
> 'im simply trying to build the example to get familiar with Itk

>PROJECT(IOExamples)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadWrite ImageReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadCastWrite ImageReadCastWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadCastWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadExtractWrite ImageReadExtractWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadExtractWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadRegionOfInterestWrite ImageReadRegionOfInterestWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadRegionOfInterestWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(RGBImageReadWrite RGBImageReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(RGBImageReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(CovariantVectorImageWrite CovariantVectorImageWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(CovariantVectorImageWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(CovariantVectorImageRead CovariantVectorImageRead.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(CovariantVectorImageRead ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(CovariantVectorImageExtractComponent CovariantVectorImageExtractComponent.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(CovariantVectorImageExtractComponent ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(VectorImageReadWrite VectorImageReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(VectorImageReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ComplexImageReadWrite ComplexImageReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ComplexImageReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadExportVTK ImageReadExportVTK.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadExportVTK ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(RGBImageSeriesReadWrite RGBImageSeriesReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(RGBImageSeriesReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageSeriesReadWrite ImageSeriesReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageSeriesReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageReadImageSeriesWrite ImageReadImageSeriesWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageReadImageSeriesWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2 DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2 ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomSeriesReadPrintTags DicomSeriesReadPrintTags.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomSeriesReadPrintTags ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomImageReadPrintTags DicomImageReadPrintTags.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomImageReadPrintTags ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomImageReadWrite DicomImageReadWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomImageReadWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite.cxx )
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite ITKCommon ITKIO)
>
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite.cxx )
> [...]
The cmake files for the examples subdirectories are designed in such a
way that the examples are to be built as part of the Insight source
tree. To build all examples as part of the ITK main source tree, just
turn on the BUILD_EXAMPLES. If you would like to build ITK examples
outside the main source tree, you have to modify the cmake file.  Take
a  look at the CMakeList file for the HelloWorld application/example.
This particular project is designed to be built outside the main source
tree.

-Andinet