Fw: [Insight-users] 3D image registration

Grace Chen Grace.Chen at swri.ca
Fri Sep 2 15:01:29 EDT 2005

 Hi Karthik,

 Thank you so much for your help!  But do you mean that for image data of
 thick slices, ITK will acurrately registers them too?

 Because our data is the MR scan of a brain, we expect only rigid movement.
 According to new version of the ITK user manual, it introduces some new
 classes for 3D rigid registration (in section 8.6.4): VersorRigidTransform,
 centeredTransformInitializer, and VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer.  Can I
 use those classes to perform 3D registration for images of thick slices?
 The user manual seems to imply that those are the only classes I can use
for
 3D rigid regitration, but then you seemed to suggest that there are quite a
 few solutions for our problem?

 Thanx again for your kindness!! :>

 Grace