[Insight-users] Definition of Image Origin

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Oct 25 00:43:34 EDT 2005

Hi Didier,

The origin is associated with the pixel of Index (0,0).

However, as you pointed out, an image may actually start
in an index (15,25), and therefore the origin may be
"outside" of the sampling grid of the image.

That's fine because at the end, the purpose of the origin
is to be able to compute the coordinates of every pixel
in the sampling grid of the image.

Note that not all filters may be doing the right thing
when managing images that have a Start index different
from (0,0).  If you find any suspicious behavior please
let us know, so we can check if this is the result of a
bug in a particular filter.