[Insight-users] [SLIGHTLY OT] build question

Ara.T.Howard Ara.T.Howard at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 6 09:42:17 EDT 2005

with autotools, if one does

   ./configure --prefix=/opt

then ALL packages, headers and libs, will, along with the standard locations,
be searched for.  this is extremely convenient when you have an entire
directory tree for local software - often with versions of code that are
newer/better that the os defaults.  in our case we are running redhat
enterprise and it's a sad thing w.r.t. having current versions and i have an
entire tree with python, fftw, image magick, etc, etc, etc in it.  i want/need
to build itk against this tree and was hoping that the prefix setting you
enter when running 'cmake -i' would add this location to the lib/include
search paths.  however, it does not seem to.  any hints?

cheers.

-a