[Insight-users] point cloud registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 30 20:45:31 EDT 2005

Hi Dennis,

Performing non-homogeneous scaling and rotations
is equivalent to performing shearing. Therefore
once you consider having non-homogeneous scaling
you can equally well go for a full Affine transform.

You are right, the Similarity3DTransform was added
to ITK after release 2.0.1.  If you decide to use
this transform you may have to download the CVS
version of ITK.  Note that we anticipate to release
ITK 2.2 by August 31st.

If you want to insist in using non-homogeneous scaling
then you probably want to look at the transform:

ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform.html