[Insight-users] Re: Retaining pixel values in the output of a region growing filter.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 14:58:00 EST 2005

Hi Roberto,

That's an interesting question.

Unfortunately, the answer is: No, there is no such method.

but

You have an easy option for obtaining the equivalent result:

You can take the output of the itkNeighborhoodConnectedImageFilter
and pass it along with the input image to the MaskImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/d4/d1b/classitk_1_1MaskImageFilter.html

The output will be such that the pixels of the segmented
region will conserve the original values.

If you want the complementary region you could use the
MaskNegatedImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/d1/d4b/classitk_1_1MaskNegatedImageFilter.html