[Insight-users] Re: need help

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 20 09:46:41 EST 2005

Hi Ruba,

You may want to join the forum groups of Matlab. If you have
technical questions about ITK we will be glad to assist you.

Face matching is not a trivial problem. You could start
with the traditional approach of doing correlation between
the face that you are looking for, and the scene where the
face is expected to be found. You can do this by using filtering
in the Fourier domain. Such an approach will work only if the
face has the same scale and orientation in the scene.

For more sophisticated approaches, you will have to move
in to feature detection and feature matching. Typically
you extract information about the eyes, eyebrows and ears,
which tend to be more characteristics of a particular
individual.