[Insight-users] Substract two Deformation fields(vectors) in itk

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Dec 15 13:25:56 EST 2005

Hi Teo,

The MeanImageFilter, SubtractImageFilter, AddImageFilter etc should work
fine for Images of vectors such as
Image< Vector< T, N >, ND > or Image< VariableLengthVector< T >, ND >
since these pixels overload the +, - and = operators.

The ones for variance or the StatisticsImageFilter, or the
MinimumImageFilter etc probably won't work for these images cause the
pixels don't define the operator*(Self) or the operator<

I guess if you want the equivalent of the StatisticsImageFilter that
computes all the statistics on vector fields in one iteration through
the image, you want to write your own custom filter.. I would think it
should for the most part be a copy of the itk::StatisticsImageFilter.

What do you think ?

-karthik