[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] Custom ITK class wrapping

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sun Dec 4 06:31:50 EST 2005

Hi,

Benoit Regrain and I have done some work on itk wrappers which should make
what you want to do easier.
The work is available at
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/itk-mima2/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/ for the itk
wrapping, and at http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/itkvtk/ for an example of
external classes wrapping (the itk-vtk image filters).

I think it can make things easier for several reasons:
+ there is a lots more classes wrapped
+ you can remove some classes (to decrease the bin size) just by removing the
corresponding wrap_?.cmake files.
+ you can select types you want to wrap, and so decrease the size of the
binary
+ you can wrap some custom classes

you may also find some very nice features like the dynamic type selection with
the new itk python module

I hope you will find it useful, and will contribute some new wrappers :-)
All feedbacks are also welcome

Regards,

Gaetan