[Insight-users] Point Set to Point Set Metrics

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:49:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am interested in point sets registration. I saw that a framework had
been developped for it in ITK.
However the only available metric seems to be based on ICP.

I would like to register irregularly sampled 2D data sets. The metric
I am thus interested in would be based on the "pixel" values rather
than their coordinates. A simple approach would be to interpolate the
pixel values of the fixed point set on the pixel coordinates of the
moving point set and then to compute a mean square distance (similarly
to MeanSquaresPointSetToImageMetric).

Has this problem been addressed already? If so, how?
If not, how is it possible to get the Delaunay triangulation (I only
saw the voronoi diagram) in order to implement a linear interpolation
function for point sets (or meshs)?

Best regards,

Tom