[Insight-users] Tumor Measurements..

yasser salman yass71 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 15:47:27 EST 2004

Hi ALL..,
To any body interested in the field of tumor
segmentation  and measurements ,while i am doing my
survey i found that the methods of tumor measurements
based on the tumor’s diameter . WHO(World Health
Organization) criteria defined a shrinkage of a tumor
as a decrease in the product of the largest
perpendicular diameters in the largest slice of the
tumor. RECIST criteria defines a tumor's shrinkage as
the decrease in the length of it's largest diameters,
which i think will be more accurate if we calculate
the no. of pixels in the tumor’s area (we also can
convert it to physical coordinates in mm^2 cm^2).,
and what is the problems for using Pixel based.
can any body confirm me in this Issue or let me know
the right way to go on Or Back OFF!
Thanx
regards..,
Yasser Salman...,