[Insight-users] Retrieve progress info when load image

jerome schmid jerome.schmid at ircad.u-strasbg.fr
Wed May 26 08:49:30 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I have a question that has been already asked in 2002, but a final answer
seems to be absent from list archives.
The question was, how to retrieve progress info of an image loading? In the
previous mails,
the problem was that the imageFileReader doesn't throw progressUpdate()
Events, so an observer on this reader filter doesn'y notice any
update...Luis Ibanez answered in the last mail:

>You are right, invoking the events from the
>ImageIO class is not enough since the
>visible object is the ImageFileReader or
>the ImageFileWriter.

>The solution seems to be to make the
>ImageFileReader and ImageFileWriter
>Observers of their own ImageIO objects.
>and make them re-throw the events
>comming from the ImageIO objects.

>I'll add this to the code and let you
>know when is ready.

I ask myself, if something has been done since...Or if somebody found an
elegant way to do that without to have to modify each image filters...!

If the base IO class have been modified in order to work I ask myself why my
code doesn't work consequently...

Thanks!

Jerome

PS: I ask something 2 weeks ago about how to know pixeltype at image reading
and two persons answer me, Ivan Macia and Hiraki Hideaki. I reply with my
mailer, but the replies do not appear in mailing list..Maybe it is normal,
however I thank the two users if they never receive a reply :-)