[Insight-users] Re: FEM based deform registration : Using Landmarks

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:36:19 -0500

Hi Tina,

There was a bug in the Read method of the
itkFEMLoadLandmark.

This was logged as Bug # 521.
http://www.itk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=521&pos=1

It has now been fixed in the CVS repository.

An example on how to use the landmark input file
has been commited on the Examples directory:

   Insight/Examples/Data

      FiniteElementRegistrationParameters2.txt
      FiniteElementRegistrationLandmarks.txt

The format for the Landmarks file is

<LoadLandmark>
   % Comment landmark A
   2 3.0 5.0     2 7.5 7.6     0.1
<LoadLandmark>
   % Comment landmark B
   2 23.0 35.0   2 27.5 37.6   0.1
<LoadLandmark>
   % Comment landmark C
   2 27.0 45.0   2 29.5 52.6   0.1
<END>

The line for each landmark is composed of two
vectors. They indicate the position of a point
before deformation and after deformation.

The vectors have the number of components as
the first number ( the number 2 in this case).

So:

    2   3.0  5.0

means a 2D vector with components (3.0,5.0)

The last number in the line is the square
root of the variance associated with this
landmark.

Please let us know if you have further
questions.