[Insight-users] registration advice request

Ruby Shamir rubke at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:53:15 +0200

Hello,

I am working on MRI - Laser scan (cloud of points) registration.

My plane is as follow:
---------------------
1. Reading and extracting a mesh from MRI data (DICOM) and from the
laser scan data.
2. Enabling a user to select the Region of interest and then to define
pairs of matching points and to perform (rough) closed form
registration.
3. Then I would like to use other method for fine registration using
last step information as initial guess.
4. In the end a visualization of the registered data can be done.

I already downloaded and installed the ITK package (VC .NET compiler)
and the VTK package.
Currently I succeeded to run some simple programs.

My questions are:
1. How can I extract a mesh from a set of 2D set of DICOM images?
2. How to enable a user to define matching point's pairs (based on
Graphical User Interface)?
3. Which method is recommended for fine registration between two meshes
or between mesh and cloud of points?