[Insight-users] A problem of Sampling in the Mattes Mutual Information Registration

曹杰 caojie8224 at 163.com
Wed Aug 25 06:50:51 EDT 2004

Hi,
    This is my problem:
    When I use the Mattes Mutual Information Metric to registrate,

    the fixedimage's size is 128*128*20----(PET),spacing is  (3.92,3.92,4.25)
    the movingimage's size is 512*512*20----(CT),spacing is  (0.98,0.98,4.25)

    How many sample points should I take to registrate?
Since the fixedimage is PET images, and in each image the content of the image is a small part,most of the image is the background pixels whose intensities are 0 .   According to this situation,how many sample points should be the best
and need I use the FixedImageMask? If using the mask,how many sample points should be taken?
    Thank you!
                                                      ITK user   Cao Jie