[Insight-users] Too slow segmentation process!

xujf xujf at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Aug 4 02:38:13 EDT 2004

Hello,
   In narrowband segmentation (itkNarrowBandCurvesLevelSetImageFilter), there is a menber function SetInput(). I set the parameter as below: (in Python)

self.seeds=itk.itkNodeContainerF3_New()
self.node=itk.itkLevelSetNodeF3()
self.seedPosition=itk.itkIndex3()
self.seeds.Initialize()
self.seedPosition.SetElement(0,90)
self.seedPosition.SetElement(1,106)
self.seedPosition.SetElement(2,90)

self.node.SetValue(-50)
self.node.SetIndex(self.seedPosition)
self.seeds.InsertElement(0,self.node)

self.itkfastmarchingfilter.SetTrialPoints(self.seeds.GetPointer())
self.itkfastmarchingfilter.SetSpeedConstant(1.0)

self.itknarrowbandfilter.SetInput(self.itkfastmarchingfilter.GetOutput())

However, the segmentation process is very slow, it cost more than 20 minuters(my data is (180,216,180)). the segmenataion rusult is also not good.
I don\'t know if the parameter should be set like that.

Best Regards!
xujf