[Insight-users] image pixel type

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 3 22:45:11 EDT 2004

Hello all,

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:40:57PM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> It is a good idea to collect a table of image types
> supported by each fileformat.  The place to look in
> order to gather this information is the directory
>
>         Insight/Code/IO
>
> You should look at each one of the files
>
>         TIFFImageIO.cxx
>         JPEGImageIO.cxx
>         PNGImageIO.cxx
>         ...etc...
>
> A good place for putting this table could be the Wiki
> pages. Probably in the FAQ section.

I've made a start on this.  I did a quick run through nearly all the file
format filters and put together a page listing all the pixel formats
supported, and put it on the wiki:

    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_File_Formats

It doesn't yet distinguish between Read/Write vs Import, as the FAQ does.  I
also updated the FAQ entry on file formats to point to this page.

ciao -

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne