[Insight-users] Re: build my own project..

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:09:46 -0400

Hi Yasser,

It is quite easy to combine ITK and VTK for
building an application.  Here are the minimum
lines you will need in your CMakeLists.txt file

PROJECT( myProject )

FIND_PACKAGE( ITK )
IF( ITK_FOUND )
   INCLUDE( ${USE_ITK_FILE} )
ENDIF( ITK_FOUND )

FIND_PACKAGE( VTK )
IF( VTK_FOUND )
   INCLUDE( ${USE_VTK_FILE} )
ENDIF( VTK_FOUND )

ADD_EXECUTABLE( myProject myProject.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( myProject
   VXLNumerics ITKCommon ITKBasicFilters ITKIO
   vtkRendering vtkGraphic vtkHybrid vtkImaging
   vtkIO vtkFiltering vtkCommon )

You will still need something for taking care
of the user interface. Typical options are:

- FLTK
- Qt
- wxWindows
- MFC
- Tcl

If you are in a hurry for getting something
done, I will suggest you to use FLTK.
If you have more time available for reading
documentation and want a very polished GUI
I would suggest you to use Qt (version 2.3
is freely available). If you want to write
complex unportable code, then MFC is the way
to go.