[Insight-users] How to build the documents of insight?

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:01:03 -0400

Hi Gray,

The easy way to build the documentation is to do it
under Linux.

But,...if are tied up to MS-Windows, then the second
easiest way is to use Cygwin (which is like installing
Linux under Windows). Make sure that you install the
full Latex packages.

Once you install Cygwin, use CMake to configure the
project and generate Cygwin makefiles.

You need to install fig2dev in order to convert XFIG
figures (those with .fig extension) into EPS files.
fig2dev is part of a larger package called "transfig".

You also need to have Perl in order to parse the C++
examples and extract the text that will be used for
generating Latex files.

Make sure to have available about 1.5G of disk space.
The images in the Art directory will expand to about
400Mb, and the Postscript file will be about 700Mb.

You will also need Ghostscript 8.0 in order to generate
a correct PDF version, with all the URL links.

---

You may find easier to download the updated PDF from

   http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

Building projects with ITK, and do Image Segmentation and
Registration is more fun than building the documentation,
and probably a better use of your time   :-)