[Insight-users] Registration3D

ravi sharma rsiitd at yahoo . com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:31:03 -0700 (PDT)

Well I have a strange problem with my 3D multimodality
registration program.My program is able to correct
translations but after correcting translations it
starts to misregister...the rotations just go
haywire(optimizer goes to a minimum value and
translations are corrected but at this point the
rotations start to occur and optimizer wrongly moves
to maximize cost function).It doesnot correct any
rotations and even if I take the same image as fixed
and moving it starts to rotate the moving image.I am
using Euler3D transform and
MattesMutualInformation.After running the program with
various test cases I think it is a problem with the
way I set the centers of the images perhaps.
  I read the fixed and moving images then Using
ChangeInformationImageFilter I do the following

  FixedCentererType::Pointer fixedcenterer =
FixedCentererType::New();
  MovingCentererType::Pointer movingcenterer =
MovingCentererType::New();
  fixedcenterer->CenterImageOn();
  movingcenterer->CenterImageOn();

fixedcenterer->SetInput(fixedImageReader->GetOutput());

movingcenterer->SetInput(movingImageReader->GetOutput());

After this I cast the outputs of thes to float and set
those images as registration images.After this I use
simply the Transform and dont do anything with the
centers.What could be the problem.