[Insight-users] Filtering region by region an image

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre@creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:32:56 +0100

Hi all,

   I would like to know, how I can work on a region of an image. I tried
to do it with ExtractImageFilter but I fail to make it work.

   The output of the filter where of the size of the extracted region
(which is the way ExtractImageFilter is supposed to work: decrease
size), but I wanted it to be of size of the initial image (= input of
ExtractImageFilter)

   Basically here is what I want to do. Let say I have an image that I
want to filter on 4 distinct parts (not necesseraly identical).

---------- ----------
|         |         |
|         |         |
|    1    |     2   |
|         |         |
---------- ----------
|         |         |
|         |         |
|    3    |     4   |
|         |         |
---------------------

   Could someone give me the pipeline to use ? So that at the end I have
filtered the whole image (I don't know how to concat images after having
them extracted through ExtractImageFilter).

   Should I use ImageRegion/ ImageRegionIterator/ ExtractImageFilter ?

   Hoping to be clear,

   Thank you,
   Mathieu Malaterre

--