[Insight-users] Problem with FLTK and VTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:18:01 -0500

Hi Samuel,

This is due to a feature in VTK that prevented
applications from mixing OpenGL windows with
VTK managed windows.

This has been fixed now in the VTK cvs repository.

Basically VTK was caching the OpenGL context
and restoring it assuming that no other OpenGL
windows were used at the same time.

Please update your VTK checkout and let us know
if you find further problems.

---

PS. Now that...

Why to use OpenGL directly when you can use VTK  :-)
You could use the vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor as
illustrated in ThinPlatesSplines example and do
all the visualization with VTK.