[Insight-users] MI registration update

Lydia Ng lng at insightful . com
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:57:47 -0800

Hi John,

> I was wondering if anyone had suggestions
> for trying to tighten the uncertainty in the rotation, perhaps =
increasing
> the rotation scale parameter?

Some optimizers allow you to scale between the parameters. E.g.

  typedef OptimizerType::ScalesType       OptimizerScalesType;
  OptimizerScalesType optimizerScales( =
transform->GetNumberOfParameters() );

  /* set optimizerScales here */

  optimizer->SetScales( optimizerScales );

Are you scaling you doing any scaling now?

One experiment you could try is to set hold the scaling for the rotation
parameters fixed and vary the translation parameters.
The smaller the translation parameter scales the "tighter" the allowed
rotation.=20

- Lydia