[Insight-users] RE: how to run imageregistration in itk?

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 01:40:19 -0400

Hi Zhang,

The ImageRegistration example is intended to be a demo of a
simple validation experiment.

1) You load two images
2) You intentionally misregister one of them
3) You run the registration and should recover the original image

A typical example is two load the same image as Fixed and
Moving. Then you apply a rotation of 5 degress and a
translation of 10 pixels in X to the moving image.
(The "A" parameters means angle in the "Rotation" section
of the GUI).

You can see the input images in slice by slice format by
clicking on the buttons: "Fixed Image" and "Moving Image".
Note that it will take some seconds for the image viewer
to appear since the image intensities have to be normalized
for display.

Once you set the values in the transformation, you click
on the "Moving Image" button located in front of the
"Resample Filter".   The progress bar will indicate you
how the resampling advances.

When the Resampling is done, the "misregistered" image will
appear. Then you are ready to start the registration process.

Do the following:

1) click on the "Metric" choice button and select a metric:
options are:

	MeanSquares
	MutualInformation
	NormalizedCorrelation
	PatternIntensity

2) click on the "Transform" choice button and select a transform
options are:

	Translation
	Scale
	Rigid
	Affine

3) click on the "Interpolator" choice button and select an
interpolation method. Options are:

	NearestNeighbor
	LinearInterpolation

4) click on the "Optimizer" choice button and select an
optimizer. Options are:

	GradientDescent
	RegularStepGradientDescentt
	ConjugateGradient

5) Get some coffee !!
and click on the "Start" button. That will initiate the
registration process using the components that you just
selected.

When the registration process is done, you may click on the
"Registered Image" button in order to resample the "misregistered
image" using the Transform that is the solution of the registration
process.  The corrected image should be appear in a viewer and it
should look pretty much the same as the input "Moving image" before
missregistration.

Please let us know if you encounter any problem.

zhang zhijun wrote

 > Dear all:
 >
 > Can anyone tell me how to run the project of image registration?
 > I have loaded in two 3D image, and then I press the start
registration > button, there is an exception happens. How =