[Insight-users] Re: Insensity value question

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:24:30 -0400

Hi Buu,

Your interpretation of the min/max is correct.
However this is done for display purpouses only.

That is, when you change values with the sliders,
only the slice on the buffer is renormalized for
display. The actual itkImage is not modified.

If you want to threshold images it may be better
to use:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryThresholdImageFilter.html

You may also want to consider the linear rescaling of
image intensities with :

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RescaleIntensityImageFilter.html

or the linear ShiftScale operation:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShiftScaleImageFilter.html