[Insight-users] problem reading meta file formats

Martin Styner martin_styner at ieee . org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:00:44 +0200

Hi all

I encounter the same problem. Additionally, I just donwloaded the newest
CVS version and recompiled the whole thing including the examples (on
Solaris 8 using g++ 2.95.2 with -O2 -g option). The compiling ran great,
but I cannot read any Meta files, e.g. (one of many that I tried) using
MetaImageViewer and brain web data:

 > MetaImageViewer brainweb1.mhd
NDims required and not defined.
MetaObject: Read: MET_Read Failed
MetaImage: M_Read: Error parsing file
MetaImage: Read: Cannot parse file
Problems reading file format

The file looks like follows:
NDims = 3
DimSize = 181 217 20
ElementType = MET_UCHAR
ElementSpacing = 1.0 1.0 9.0
ElementByteOrderMSB = False
ElementDataFile = brainweb1.raw

Does anybody else encounter similar problems with the newer itk versions
? Is it a Solaris thing ?

Thanks
Martin