[Insight-users] Re: Question About FLTK, VTK

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:51:46 -0400

Hi Buu,

The reason for having to combine the three toolkits
is that they are complementary:

  - ITK   provides image processing
  - FLTK  providing GUI functionalities
  - VTK   provides visualization

In order to do 3D rendering you can take advantage
of the methods available in VTK.  You can export
an ITK image to VTK using the Import/Export filters
in both toolkits.