Fw: [Insight-users] Converting Image Data to Vector type

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:53:31 -0400

Hi Samuel,

 From your first answer I understand that you have a set
of N .png files each one containing a gray-scale image
and you want to load them into a itkImage with a
ND vector as pixeltype. Is that right ?

Here are two options:

1) use Image Adaptors.

2) use a two stage process : load the N image
    and then copy their content to a Vector image.

Option (1) will probably work better with the pipeline
update mechanism.

Please take a look at the class
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NthElementImageAdaptor.html

It can be found at:

Insight/Code/Common/itkNthElementImageAdaptor.h

An example of the use of adaptors can be seen at:

   Insight/Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkImageAdaptorNthElementTest.cxx

--------

About the second answer:

If you already have a labeled image and just want to reduce this
one to a 1,0 images, the BinaryThresholdImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryThresholdImageFilter.html

(as you pointed out) should solve the problem.

This filter expect you to define lower and upper values
for a gray-level range. Then the image is filtered and all
the pixels with values outside this range will be mapped to
an "OutsideValue" (provided by the user) while the pixels
with values inside the range will be mapped to an "InsideValue".

Something like the following code should do it:

   binaryFitler.SetInput( myLabelFilter.GetOutput() );
   binaryFilter.SetOutsideValue( 0 );
   binaryFilter.SetInsideValue( 1 );
   binaryFilter.SetUpperThreshold(myLabel+1);
   binaryFilter.SetLowerThreshold(myLabel-1);

   binaryFitler.Update();

assuming that myLabelFilter is the one that label your image
and the "myLabel" value is the one you are interested on.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,