[Insight-developers] Plans for Insight Journal in ITKv4 (was Mesh IO : IJ)

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Sat Sep 25 04:04:11 EDT 2010

Dan,

The ultimate plan is to have the code in the IJ hosted via git (we had
previously being using SVN with some level of success). The IJ will
point to specific git branches/tag based on the current status of a
publication. This will also allow for a better testing/coverage by the
testing environment. From there, the IJ will also provide a download
package link. Because of the recent move of ITK to git, we could
imagine, as Stephen mentionned, that the code would be pulled from the
IJ at configuration/download time by developers/users based on their
interest.

We don't have a specific time-frame for the implementation but it's
reasonable to say that it will happen in the next 6-10 months and
probably much earlier than this. We realize how critical this has become
and we are dedicated to make this right with the current tools made
available to the Open Source community.

Thanks for your feedback and comments,
Julien