[Insight-developers] Mesh IO : IJ

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Wed Sep 22 10:03:18 EDT 2010

> <IJ mechanism broken>
>
> I'm saying that the whole mechanism of insight Journal , and
> specifically the migration of code from IJ to review and then from
> review to itk fully depends on the feedback of the community. If that
> feedback is invisible, there is first no improvement of the code, and
> then the code stays forever in review or in IJ.

Also, for ITKv4 every IJ article will be equally available as an
optional module to ITK.  Moving items from the IJ to ITK will
(purposefully) be a very rare event.  Instead, as part of the CMake
build process you'll be able to search on keywords and by title to
find modules (aka IJ articles) that you would like to download and
include with your ITK build.

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Director of Medical Imaging Research
Kitware, Inc. - North Carolina Office