[Insight-developers] IJ 645 - QuadEdgeMeshRigidRegistration

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:38:08 EDT 2010

hi luis,

I've been working on your first paper for mesh registration and I have
some questions before I write a review and try to move it to Review.
Could you kindly comment the following:

-  itkQuadEdgeMeshVectorDataVTKPolyDataWriter.* was not included in
the code, but it was present in the IJ papers 662, 749, 750, 752, 762,
763. I took the 763's version to be sure to have the latest. This
entire submission (645) seems to be duplicated there, and I m not sure
which one is the latest version and should be candidate for
integration.
- GenerateRegularSphere should be in Example and not in Testing
- couldn't find the ITK_UINT32 symbol, so I used itk::uint32_t defined
in itkIntTypes.h instead. Is it ok?

About the migration to Review:

- What should we do with Testing/RegistrationMonitor and
Testing/AffineRegistrationMonitor that depends on VTK?
ItkApplications? Same thing with
Example/MeanSquaresMeshToMeshMetricRegistrationWithMonitor1.cxx
- How to add the data to ITK (it,s a submodule, is there a specific way/policy)?

About the eventual migration to ITK
can you suggest placement for the files?
- itkFreeSurferBinarySurfaceReader => IO?
- itkInterpolateMeshFunction
- itkLinearInterpolateMeshFunction
- itkMeanSquaresMeshToMeshMetric
- itkMeshFunction
- itkMeshToMeshMetric
- itkMeshToMeshRegistrationMethod
- itkNearestNeighborInterpolateMeshFunction
- itkPointLocator2
- itkResampleQuadEdgeMeshFilter
- itkTriangleBasisSystem
- itkTriangleBasisSystemCalculator
- itkTriangleListBasisSystemCalculator

FYI, here is a small migration guide for the code that was written for
3.12 and that compiles now with today's GIT HEAD.
- itk::OStringStream was removed. Use std:ostringstream instead
-  The review statistic code is now used by default and the
corresponding cmake tag does not exist anymore. Had errors message
when the code defaulted to itkImageToListAdaptor instead of
itkImageToListSampleAdaptor.
- the Optimized registration code is now used by default and the
corresponding cmake tag does not exist anymore.