[Insight-developers] SimpleITK Community Survey Draft

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 01:50:26 EDT 2010

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for creating the survey. Some thoughts:

Page 1, "ITK is being significantly revamped for the upcoming version 4 release"
Consider adding the expected release date in brackets.

Page 1, "One of the most important pieces of feedback from our users
has been that ITK's power comes with a steep learning curve and makes
many less-complicated tasks more difficult than necessary."
This sentence is a bit wordy. People are busy, consider shortening it.
For example:
"Previous user feedback has indicated ITK's power comes with a steep
learning curve, sometimes over-complicating simple tasks."

Page 1, "The goal of this survey is to collect your thoughts on what
the most important features of ITK's new simple layer should be."
Again, perhaps a bit wordy. Consider:
"The aim of this survey is to determine the most important features to
include in the new ITK simple layer."

Page 2, question 5 "Which of the following best describes your why you
write code?"
Typo: remove "your".

Page 2, question 8. What operating systems do you use for image analysis work?
Do we need an "other" free-text field?

Page 2, questions 10,11,12: First time I read these questions, I
thought they were the same on (a typo). Is it possible to underline
"understandable", "easy", "useful" to clearly show the difference? Do
we really need to ask all three?

Page 3, question 9. What types of devices would you like to be able to
use SimpleITK on?
Do we need an "other" free-text field? Mobile device?

Page 4, question 3. How important is it to you for SimpleITK to use a
pipeline system similar to the one in ITK?
Can this question be included in question 2 above?
For example:
Simple image filters (eg. Gaussian filter)
Pipeline of image filters (eg. Gaussian then Sigmoid filter)

HTH

Cheers, Dan