[Insight-developers] SimpleITK ARB Examples

Gabe Hart gabe.hart at kitware.com
Tue Sep 7 09:22:33 EDT 2010

This looks great.  I think it makes a lot of sense at this phase to
focus on end user examples rather than putting too much time into
complex sample implementations since there are numerous different design
possibilities that could take a lot of time to code up and ultimately
end up being discarded.

One further thought I have for the collection of examples on the wiki is
to include a few notes about each one that highlight the pros and cons
of the given approach.  For example, maintaining the pipeline structure
will allow for a much easier implementation of streaming which may not
be immediately obvious to a potential user scanning the example.

Also, it looks like there has been a stand alone page made for the
examples at:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/SimpleITK/Advisory_Review_Board/Prototype_Code_Discussions

-Gabe