[Insight-developers] ITKv4: Release A-01 & A-02: Release Notes

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 3 13:29:24 EDT 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for updating the gdcm and jpeg sections.

The text was a bit confusing and I'm trying to clarify it.

Here is the new version:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Migration_Plan/Release_Notes#Updated_jpeg

My understanding is that:

1) ITK/Utilities/itkjpeg was updated from version 6b to version 8b
2) jpeg version 6b was moved into ITK/Utilities/gdcm/Utilities (is that
right ?)
3) ITK users can still enable the use of an installed jpeg library in
replacement for the one that we are carrying in ITK/Utilities/itkjpeg.

Thanks for any corrections.